In today’s blog, I will start with cheap healthy easy dinner ideas.
We might think that healthy food is always very expensive but that’s not always true. So, I’m happy to show you this cheap healthy easy dinner ideas blog, so you can see for yourself that’s it not so hard.
And again, it’s all about planning/preparation? so you can have a healthy meal every single day.
So like you know me not to much chit chat without any example so let’s crack on and let me show you a cheap, healthy, easy dinner ideas, enjoy?
P.S I’m not vegan but I don’t necessarily need animal protein every day. So no worries my meat lovers?
I would say weekends or Wednesdays (see my Cheap weekly meal plan ideas! Blog why)
What do you need? And roughly cost?
-Which will last you a whole week? Put in a fridge for 2 days and pop the rest into the freezer.
The only thing I suggest is to get vegetables every 2 days so you mix it up.
#Tip- Find out on the internet where you can buy this the cheapest. For example, I found out one on the ASDA website for just £1,49 for 1 kilo
Broccoli ( 2 good size of broccoli’s should be enough for 2 or more people)
#Tip- You can find this very cheap in your local grocery stores. I have found for example one on the Tesco website. Frozen green peas for just £0,90 for 900 gr
Kidney beans (3 cans for 2 people should be enough)
– If you can’t find it you can use black beans, chickpeas, brown beans as well no problem
#Tip- You can find this very cheap in your local grocery stores. I have found for example one on the Tesco website for just £0,30 for 1 can of 400 gr
#Tip- Also this you can find very cheap in your local grocery stores. I have found for example one on the Sainsbury’s website for just £0,55 for 900 gr
Everyone makes rice in different ways but I prefer this way.
- Wash the rice and let it dry
- Heat a pan with olive oil and start baking the rice until it gets a darker color
- Once darker ad water to it, my mum taught me that if you put your finger in the water and your finger touches the rice the water should not be higher than the first line on your finger
- Lower down the fire and let it cook
- Once the water disappears check how soft the rice is.If it’s still too hard ad some more water and let it cook longer until its right
- First, cut the garlic and onions in little chunks and put them together
- Cut the tomatoes in small chunks
- Heat up a pan with olive oil
- Once hot add the garlic and onion to it and stir it until its get a little bit brown
- Add the tomatoes to it and stir it short
- After this, all add the kidney beans to it and stir it short browner
- After this add the curry sauce to it
- After this add some salt and pepper how you prefer
- Let it slowly cook for around 20 min
- Add some olive oil to a pan and heat it up slow
- Add the green beans to it, stir it short and add some salt and pepper to it and cook it very short so you keep all the good stuff in it, like vitamins, minerals etc.
And there you have it, a delicious, cheap, healthy meal for around £7,63
quick and simple. Healthy food doesn’t have to be expensive?
So there you have it: cheap and healthy easy dinner ideas, made easy just for you:)
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me, I’m here to help you. if you have any feedback please let me know so I can improve myself helping you achieving and enjoying your goals.
Founder of: Cheap healthy easy dinner ideas blog
Founder of the website: https://healthyfoodplanning.com/