I can still remember my mum telling us all the time; vegetables are good for you!
As usual, the woman was definitely right, vegetables are good for you and they have so many benefits. As I started to grow older, I started to appreciate that more and more.
Vegetables are good for you for so many reasons but the most important and simple reason is, that it has so many benefits for your body and health.
So, vegetables are good for you, but why exactly? hmmmmmmm good question huh?. No worries, I’ll try to explain it in the simplest way possible!
So, Let me introduce to you this blog made just for you,
Vegetables are good for you mama always use to say!
These are the topics that I will discuss, to educate and entertain you with?:
- 7 great benefits of eating vegetables
- Vegetable haters (Yes, I’m talking to you?
- Great recommended vegetables
7 great benefits of eating vegetables
1. Vegetables are a great source of many nutrients like Potassium, Fibre, Vitamins A, E and C and so much more.
2. Vegetable keeps your skin young because of Vitamin C, Phytonutrients, and high-water content. This alone is a great motivator to start eating more vegetables.
3. Vegetables contain Vitamin ACE which are immune boosters, so think about: Carrot – Vitamin A, Kale- vitamin C, Avocado- Vitamin E.
4. Vegetables are naturally low in calories and fat. Which means you can eat in peace without being worried about going over your suggested daily calories intake.
5. Vegetables are cheap, I always get your guys attention with the money thing huh?.
6. Vegetables promote hair growth.
7. Reduces risks of chronic diseases.
Vegetable haters: Yes, I’m talking you again!
I think that this has something to do with the fact that vegetables were forced upon us by our mums when we were children ?
So check out these great ideas to help you to get motivated about eating more vegetables:
Make your vegetables irresistible
1. Don’t overdo it of course, but try different supermarket spices for your vegetables.
2. Add some soya sauce to your vegetables
3. Roast vegetables with olive oil and Lemon Juice
4. Add vegetables to a nice pasta or healthy Pizza
5. Make a vegetable/fruit smoothie with more vegetables.
6. Get some raw salads and eat it with Hummus or Tzatziki
7. Splash vegetables in your favorite soup
Great vegetables to eat
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog titled ”Vegetables are good for you mama always used to say”!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I’m here to help you. If you have any feedback please let me know so I can improve myself while helping you achieve and enjoy your goals.
Author of the blog: Vegetables are good for you mama always used to say
Founder of the website: https://healthyfoodplanning.com/